Share This

Thursday, 19 December 2013

No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Yogurt Cheesecake Cuppies

Sponsored post



Have I ever told you that I'm a medical doctor by profession but an avid baker at heart?

Before I moved out of my parents house I used to bake so often until my mom's faithful table top oven broke down. I have since replaced it with a new one but it was damaged during a major house renovation a couple of years ago. Then, it was never replaced anymore because I no longer live with my parents and my mom hardly ever bakes.

Last week, we are back at my parent's place because my hubby had to sit for a major post-grad exam in UM ,  and that poor fella's birthday fell on the same exam week as well. I was very reluctant to spend a bomb on pricey store-bought cakes, so I thought what could be better than to 'bake' a cake for my hubby?

Then I remembered, crap... there is no oven in my parent's house.

My hubby absolutely adores cheesecake. So I decided to whip up a no-bake Chocolate Cookie Yogurt Cheesecake cuppies that are not only simple to make, but requires no oven to bake as well.

No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Yogurt Cheesecake Cuppies

Most of the no-bake cheesecake recipes call for heavy cream as a base for this cupcake, taste really delicious, but not too favourable for my expanding waistline. So I have replaced it with Nestle Natural Set Yogurt. What I like about this yogurt is that it has no added sugar,  no artificial colouring, low in fat and contains calcium which is good for you.





No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Yogurt Cheesecake Cuppies

yields 10 large cupcakes

For the base:
200g Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
90g Melted butter

For the fillings:
250g Soft Cream cheese
90g Icing sugar
1 tbsp Gelatin
80 ml water
270g Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt
2 tsp Lemon juice
50g of Oreo Cookie Crumbs

For the topping:

1 small tub of whip cream
10 Oreo cookies


You can either buy a pack of 'pre-crumbled' small crushed chocolate cookie pieces, or just use the regular pack of chocolate cookies, remove the cream and crumbled it in a zip-lock bag.





1) Melt the butter in the microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds.

Melt butter in microwave oven

2) Mix the butter with the cookie crumbs until it resembles wet soil.


Mix butter & Oreo crumbs well

2) To make the cookie base, scoop the butter/cookie mixture into individual paper cups and pressed down firmly with the back of a spoon.

Press crumbs down firmly with the back of a spoon

3) Refrigerate the base for at least 20 minutes or pop them into the freezer to speed up the process. Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese mixture.

4) To prepare the gelatin mixture, either boil the water & gelatin over a stove top or pop them into the microwave for 1 minute. Ensure that the gelatin is completely dissolved.

Gelatin mixture

5) Cream and mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Do ensure that the cream cheese is softened at room temperature so that it is easier to work with. I used icing sugar as it contains a tiny amount of corn starch that helps to firm up the mixture without the use of excessive gelatin.

Mix cream cheese and icing sugar well

6) Slowly add in the yogurt into the mixture. I'm using Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt as a healthier alternative as most of the no-bake cheesecakes call for heavy cream in their recipes.



I replaced  heavy cream with Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt for a healthier alternative

7) Add in the lemon juice.

8) Add in the gelatin mixture and mix well.


Add in the gelatin mixture

9) Stop the mixer. Add in the cookie crumbs & gently stir with a spatula until well blended.

Add in the cookie crumbs

10) Spoon the cream cheese mixture into individual paper cups. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Spoon mixture into paper cups

11) Whip up the cream until stiff peak forms. For best results, chill the bowl and mixer paddles beforehand.


A bowl of freshly whipped cream


12) Place the whipped cream into a pipping bag or just a simple plastic bag & cut off a small edge. Pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecake cuppies.

13) Decorate the cuppies with some sprinkled crumbs and cookie pieces on top of the cream.


And there you have it, a simple no-bake chocolate cookies yogurt cheesecake cuppies made with Nestle Natural Set Yogurt which is healthy, scrumptious and yummy!


No-bake Chocolate Cookie Yogurt cheesecake cuppies

For more information on the health benefits of this yogurt, kindly visit http://www.nestle.com.my/. Don't forget to drop by HERE for more yummy yogurt recipes by Nestle.




No comments:

Post a Comment